The Full Wiki

Virgin Trains: Quiz

  
  
  

Question 1: What does the following picture show?

  The interior of First Class aboard a 390 Pendolino.
  Class 87 electric locomotive and Mark 3 coaches.
  A loco hauled set, and a new Pendolino side-by-side at Euston in 2003
  The first Class 390 Pendolino No. 390001 'Virgin Pioneer' arrives at Watford Junction.

Question 2: On privatisation, Virgin West Coast inherited a mixture of Mark 2 and Mark 3 coaches, with electric ________ of Classes 86, 87 and 90.
Steam locomotiveTrainLocomotiveRail transport

Question 3: Virgin, in 1997 placed the largest rolling stock order (£1bn) in British history with new Class 390 ________ tilting trains for the West Coast Main Line network.
High-speed rail in EuropeTGVETR 460Pendolino

Question 4:

Question 5:
Which of the following titles did Virgin Trains have?
1994-95 Rugby Football League season
Operator of Cross-Country franchise
9th At Pine
Malt Liquor Tastes Better When You've Got Problems

Question 6: Although it is branded as part of the Virgin Group, the group's share in the company is only 51%, with the remaining 49% held by ________.
National Express GroupGo-Ahead GroupStagecoach GroupFirstGroup

Question 7: What does the following picture show?

  Virgin Trains 82114 Driving Van Trailer Platform 1 Glasgow Central Station, Scotland July 2000.
  A Class 220 Voyager at Bristol.
  The first Class 390 Pendolino No. 390001 'Virgin Pioneer' arrives at Watford Junction.

Question 8: What does the following picture show?

  A loco hauled set, and a new Pendolino side-by-side at Euston in 2003
  Virgin Trains 82114 Driving Van Trailer Platform 1 Glasgow Central Station, Scotland July 2000.
  The complimentary breakfast was served to passengers in First Class aboard the Class 390 Pendolino trains before the improved service was launched in January 2009.
  A Virgin Voyager train, seen near Edinburgh.

Question 9: As well as this, ________ is now sparsely served by peak time West Coast services in order to deter commuters from using Virgin's services as an additional link to Euston.
Bletchley railway stationWolverton railway stationMilton Keynes Central railway stationBow Brickhill railway station

Question 10: (see ________ page for full details).
Great Western Main LineChiltern Main LineLondon to Aylesbury LineWest Coast Main Line
















Got something to say? Make a comment.
Your name
Your email address
Message