Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Pianist
- in his mid-career, the American blues and boogie-woogie pianist, Big Joe Duskin, did not touch a keyboard for sixteen years as a promise to his father who thought he played the devil's music?
- in 1987, American blues pianist Whistlin' Alex Moore became the first African American Texan to be awarded the National Heritage Fellowship?
- in 1909 at the age of 17, New Zealand pianist Frank Hutchens became the youngest-ever subprofessor appointed to London's Royal Academy of Music?
- the Scottish composer and pianist Ronald Stevenson composed an 80-minute passacaglia for solo piano based on the four-note motif D-E♭-C-B?
- the American blues pianist Buster Pickens was shot dead following an argument in a bar?
- the American Delta blues pianist and singer, Willie Love, never employed his musician friend, Sonny Boy Williamson II, on any of his own recordings?
- the American blues singer and pianist Maggie Jones, who recorded 38 songs between 1923 and 1926, was billed as "The Texan Nightingale"?
- before becoming a famous opera singer, Ines Maria Ferraris had a career as a concert pianist beginning at the age of 12?
- after seeing a performance by child pianist Joseph Alfidi of Yonkers, New York, Pope John XXIII said he may turn out to be "the next Mozart"?
- Czech singer and pianist Jiří Šlitr died from coal gas poisoning?
- Canadian pianist Glenn Gould produced three radio documentaries, collectively named the Solitude Trilogy, in which up to three people speak simultaneously in monologue?
- pianist Kathryn Stott first met long-term collaborator Yo-Yo Ma playing the cello in her flat in his underpants?
- Helen Abbott Michael, originally trained as a pianist, became a plant chemist and earned her MD after a chance purchase of Helmholtz's Treatise on Physiological Optics on a trip to Europe?
- American mathematician and classical pianist Leonard Gillman received his Ph.D. from Columbia University in 1953, a decade after completing the required coursework?
- Juliusz Wertheim, a Polish pianist, conductor and composer, was a mentor of Arthur Rubinstein, considered one of the greatest piano virtuosi of the 20th Century?
- British pianist Antony Peebles has performed in concerts in 128 different countries around the world?
Include this on your site/blog: