Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Nicholas II of Russia
- during his Eastern journey Tsarevich Nicholas Alexandrovitch of Russia visited Egypt, India, China and Japan travelling a distance of more than 51,000 km (31,500 mi)?
- the Fabergé invoice for the Karelian Birch egg addressed the abdicated Nicholas II of Russia as "Mr. Romanov Nikolai Aleksandrovich" instead of the previous "Tsar of all the Russias"?
- though the Steel Military Egg and the Order of St. George Egg were relatively modest designs in the spirit of World War I austerity, the two Fabergé eggs made for Tsar Nicholas II of Russia were still priced at more than 13,000 rubles?
- Prince Esper Ukhtomsky's account of Nicholas II's Eastern tour, Travels in the East of Nicholas II, was written in close consultation with the Tsar himself?
- Count Vladimir Lambsdorff managed to talk Nicholas II of Russia out of the projected Russian-German alliance against Britain?
- Nicholas II of Russia, his wife and children have all been recognized as saints of the Russian Orthodox Church?
- Emperor Nicholas II of Russia was billed 3,250 rubles for Rosebud, the first Fabergé egg he presented to his empress consort Alexandra Fyodorovna?
- Grand Duke Boris Vladimirovich, cousin of Nicholas II of Russia, was called "the terror of jealous husbands as well as of watchful mothers"?
- Nicholas II of Russia and his family preferred the cosy apartments of the Anichkov Palace to their official residence, Winter Palace?
Include this on your site/blog: