Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Nevada
- in 2008 the Goldstrike mine yielded 30% of the gold production in Nevada?
- five months after the 2nd Arizona Territorial Legislature created Pah-Ute County most of the county's land was given to Nevada?
- extensive droughts have caused Washoe Lake (pictured) at Washoe Lake State Park in Nevada to dry up, most recently in 1992, 1994, and 2004?
- the 1997 flooding of Wilson Canyon in Lyon County, Nevada, resulted in $726,000 in damage to Nevada State Route 208?
- the prisoner rehabilitation Second Chance Program, based on works of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, was criticized during the 2010 United States Senate elections in Nevada?
- the community of Weed Heights, Nevada, was built to support the open pit mining operation at the Anaconda Copper Mine?
- the Humboldt River in Nevada is the longest river in the Great Basin and furnished the route of the Central Pacific segment of the transcontinental railroad?
- because of liberal divorce laws in the U.S. state of Nevada, the Riverside Hotel in Reno catered specifically to wealthy divorce-seekers?
- City is a massive work of earth art by Michael Heizer that has been under construction for over thirty years in the Nevada desert?
- Captain & Tennille now reside in Nevada, United States?
- Nevada Governor John Henry Kinkead (pictured) was the first United States official to hold office in Alaska?
- CBS's Harts of the West featured Beau Bridges and his father, Lloyd Bridges, in a comedy/western set at the fictitious Flying Tumbleweed Dude Ranch in Nevada?
- Eilley Bowers (pictured) is one of the most researched, written and talked-about women in Nevada history?
- Joe Dini, the owner of Dini's Lucky Club, a casino in Yerington, Nevada, was the longest serving member of the Nevada State Assembly?
- Augustasaurus' name comes from the mountain range of northwestern Nevada, where its fossilized bones were first discovered?
- Terence Tolbert, Nevada state director for Barack Obama's presidential campaign, died of a heart attack at age 44, two days before the 2008 U.S. presidential election?
- Arizona Territorial Governor Frederick A. Tritle presented Nevada's silver spike at the ceremony celebrating completion of the First Transcontinental Railroad?
Include this on your site/blog: