Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Mysore
- the birth place of Tipu Sultan, also known as the Tiger of Mysore, is located 150 metres (490 ft) south-west of Devanahalli Fort in Karnataka, India?
- the city of Mysore, in the Indian state of Karnataka, has been called the "Cultural Capital of Karnataka"?
- the first private radio station in India was Akashvani which was set up in 1935 in Mysore, Karnataka?
- the biggest walk-through aviary in India is located on the shore of the Karanji Lake in Mysore?
- the St. Philomena's Church (pictured) in the city of Mysore in India was built in Neo-Gothic style drawing inspiration from the Cologne Cathedral in Germany?
- on the Hindu festival Ratha Saptami, the icons of the Sun-god (pictured) are carried in ceremonial processions in Mysore and Melkote?
- the Lalitha Mahal (pictured), a palace in Mysore, India, was built in 1921 on orders of the Maharaja of Mysore for exclusive stay of the Viceroy of India?
- Churumuri.com, one of the most popular blogs on WordPress.com, is named after a snack made of puffed rice that is a speciality of Mysore, Karnataka in India?
Include this on your site/blog: