Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Musician
- the lyrics of the debut song of Indian rock musician Rabbi Shergill were written by the 18th century Punjabi poet Bulleh Shah?
- a sideman is a professional musician who is hired to perform or record with a group of which he is not formally a member?
- the American Delta blues pianist and singer, Willie Love, never employed his musician friend, Sonny Boy Williamson II, on any of his own recordings?
- the American Piedmont and country blues singer and guitarist Alec Seward was one of at least five musicians billed as 'Guitar Slim'?
- the American soul-blues musician L.V. Johnson's track "I Don't Really Care", was sampled by Strong Arm Steady on their 2010 album In Search of Stoney Jackson?
- Wojciech Bobowski was one of the most important musicians of the Ottoman Empire, and the author of the Bible translation into the Ottoman Turkish language?
- Matthew T. Dickerson is a computational geometer, scholar of J. R. R. Tolkien and the Inklings, novelist, blues musician, fly fisherman, maple sugar farmer, and beekeeper?
- charcoal merchant Thomas Britton (pictured) ran a series of concerts in his loft at which the most famous musicians in London performed?
- Canadian musician Richard Bell was a member of Janis Joplin's Full Tilt Boogie Band and became a member of The Band during the 1990s?
- Arnold Zamora, a Filipino musician, is one of the Singing Priests of Tagbilaran?
- Dennis Berry was a musician, composer, arranger and producer who not only produced the music to the first Monty Python film, but has also had his music featured on the BBC's Little Britain, MTV's The Osbournes and the Nickelodeon cartoon Spongebob Squarepants?
- James A. Bland (1854-1911) an African American musician and song writer wrote over 700 songs, including "Carry Me Back to Old Virginny" in 1878, which was later the official State Song of Virginia from 1940 to 1997?
- "Back 2 You / Still Grey" was simultaneously the first single by drum and bass band Pendulum to feature either a guest vocalist, or a guest instrumentalist?
Include this on your site/blog:
Top rankings for Musician