Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Landslide
- the 1979 Abbotsford landslip was the biggest landslide ever in an urban area in New Zealand?
- the largest landslide ever recorded in Canada was 1965's Hope Slide?
- the largest landslide triggered by the 1949 Khait earthquake, the Yasman valley flowslide, had a volume of 245 Mm3 and killed about 4,000 people?
- the 1970 Ancash earthquake and the landslide that followed killed at least 47,194 people and was the worst natural disaster ever recorded in the history of Peru?
- over 120,000 cubic yards of asbestos-containing sediment from an active, slow moving landslide is deposited into Swift Creek, Washington each year?
- Les Éboulements is located in the centre of the Charlevoix crater in Quebec, and was named after a large landslide that occurred in 1663?
- Seacliff Lunatic Asylum (pictured) in New Zealand was plagued by landslips, a fatal fire in a locked psychiatric ward and allegations of abuse before reverting to a forest reserve?
- Heart Mountain (pictured) in Wyoming, USA, was transported to its current location by the largest landslide ever discovered, approximately 50 million years ago?
Include this on your site/blog:
Top rankings for Landslide