Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Franklin D. Roosevelt
- on April 5, 1933, the Independent Brewing Company of Pittsburgh sent President Roosevelt a case of low point beer to celebrate the passing of the Cullen-Harrison Act?
- before his inauguration, President Barack Obama read The Defining Moment, planning to apply some of Franklin D. Roosevelt's strategies outlined in the book into his own administration?
- since Thomas Jefferson designed his home, Franklin D. Roosevelt's Top Cottage (pictured) has been the only house designed by a U.S. President, although no President has stayed there overnight?
- the American Thanksgiving holiday was moved a week earlier from 1939—1941 because of The Great Depression and was referred to as Franksgiving after President Franklin D. Roosevelt?
- under the authority granted by the Reorganization Act of 1939, President Franklin D. Roosevelt issued Reorganization Plan No. 1, which created the Executive Office of the President?
- the Kentucky Irish American counted among its subscribers Franklin D. Roosevelt and Harry Truman?
- after a year as Assistant Secretary to the Treasury under Franklin D. Roosevelt, James H. Douglas, Jr. left the government and founded a committee opposing Roosevelt's monetary policies?
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt approved the design for a new elementary school in his native Hyde Park, New York?
- United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt personally intervened to make sure the new post office in Ellenville, New York was built of stone instead of brick after residents complained to him via telegram?
- U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt personally oversaw the design of the post office (pictured) in Poughkeepsie, New York?
- David L. Cole served in the labor mediation field under every US President from Franklin D. Roosevelt to Richard Nixon?
- Fala, Franklin D. Roosevelt's beloved Scottish terrier and one of the most famous presidential pets, has a bronze statue in his likeness at the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial?
- James W. Treffinger went on to become a Republican County executive of Essex County, New Jersey, even though his Catholic family "idolized" FDR and Kennedy?
- Kentucky political boss Thomas Rhea was instrumental in getting delegates from Southern states to vote to nominate Franklin D. Roosevelt for president at the 1932 Democratic National Convention?
Include this on your site/blog: