Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Dog
- the dog called the Miniature Fox Terrier (or Mini Foxie) originated in Australia?
- since its launch in January 2008, DogsBlog.com has helped to rehome more than six thousand dogs in the United Kingdom?
- the nematode Capillaria aerophila is a parasite that infests the respiratory system of carnivorous mammals, including dogs and foxes?
- the Caucasian Shepherd Dog is generally a low activity dog, seemingly lethargic when not working, but extremely agile and convincing when it feels that its family is threatened?
- the first dog to be named the best at Crufts was Ch. Wishaw Leader (pictured) in 1906?
- the draughtsboard shark (pictured) has been known to bark like a dog?
- past Olympic mascots include several bears named Misha, Coal, Howdy and Hidy, and dogs Cobi and Waldi ?
- most of the dogs seen in the 2007 Thai film, Ma-Mha, were strays rescued from shelters and trained specifically for the film?
- Albert Bridge (pictured) in London is seriously structurally unsound in part because of rotting caused by dog's urine?
- nematode Angiostrongylus vasorum lives in the hearts of dogs?
- Fred Gipson was an American author best remembered for creating a fictional dog featured in a book and the classic 1957 movie Old Yeller?
- grape and raisin toxicity is a potential cause of acute renal failure in dogs?
- wolf collars with long spikes, now widely adopted by the BDSM community, were originally used to protect dogs from wolf attacks?
- Pal, owned by animal trainers Frank and Rudd Weatherwax, was the name of the first dog to portray Lassie?
- Armant is a breed of dog which originated in Egypt?
Include this on your site/blog: