The Full Wiki

Cycad: Quiz

Advertisements
  
  
  

Did you know ...


More interesting facts on Cycad

Include this on your site/blog:
Question 1: They have very specialized pollinators and have been reported to fix nitrogen in association with a ________ living in the roots.
ProkaryoteCyanobacteriaStreptococcus iniaeBacteria

Question 2: Thus 38% of cycads are on the ________ (2004), and the other 62% are in the Least concern or Near Threatened category (i.e.
Conservation statusExtinctionEndangered speciesIUCN Red List

Question 3:
What kind of animal is a Cycad?
Squamata
Primates
Palaeonisciformes
Cycadales

Question 4: Some insects, particularly scale insects, some weevils and chewing insects can damage cycads, though the pests are susceptible to ________ such as the horticulture soluble oil white oil.
InsecticidePesticideMalathionOrganophosphate

Question 5:
What divisio is Cycad a part of?
Cycadophyta
Trimerophytophyta
see text
Chytridiomycota

Question 6:
What classis does Cycad belong to?
Phylactolaemata
Cycadopsida
Arachnida
Mammalia

Question 7: Potted specimens are found and thrive in global locations such as ________, Russia, Finland, Chile.
CanadaBarbadosUnited StatesUnited Kingdom

Question 8: Fossil evidence shows that structural diversity in ________ cycad pollen "considerably exceeds that seen in surviving genera today".
Geologic time scaleMesozoicCretaceousDinosaur

Question 9: One example is Cycas seemannii, which occurs only in ________, New Caledonia, Tonga and Vanuatu.
Solomon IslandsSamoaNauruFiji

Question 10: There are about 305 described species, in 10–12 genera and 2–3 families of cycads (depending on ________ viewpoint).
Biological classificationMilitary taxonomyFolk taxonomyTaxonomy







Advertisements









Got something to say? Make a comment.
Your name
Your email address
Message