Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Christmas Eve
- the 1999 Christmas Eve edition of Morning Ireland was a tribute to those who died in The Troubles of Northern Ireland and featured contributions from Tony Blair and Bill Clinton?
- the first U.S. National Christmas Tree (pictured) was lit up by President Calvin Coolidge on Christmas Eve in 1923?
- according to rumour, an Englishman was murdered and a fire ruined Metcalfe's testimonials during a Christmas Eve party in 1895 at the Metcalfe House in Delhi, India?
- "Ma" Newell (pictured), one of the few four-year All-Americans in college football history, was run over by a railroad engine on Christmas Eve 1897?
- Lyndon Johnson declined to respond to the Vietcong's Christmas Eve 1964 Brinks Hotel bombing, fearing that fighting during the holiday season would damage morale?
- luminarias, a Christmas Eve tradition in Santa Fe, New Mexico today, were described in colonial Mexico in the early 16th century?
- Archbishop Leon Tourian was assassinated in a Manhattan church on Christmas Eve, 1933, for his refusal to publicly support independent Armenia?
Include this on your site/blog: