Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Chinese character
- the Zhonghua Zihai is the largest Chinese character dictionary available for print, consisting of over 85,568 different characters?
- the first known classical fiction in Korean literature called Kumo shinhwa (Kumo's tales) by Kim Shi-sup was written in Chinese characters?
- the Chinese character referring to the mythological sea monster Shen (pictured) is used in Chinese, Korean and Japanese terms for "mirage"?
- a Jueju, a type of Chinese poem, is a quatrain with either five or seven characters per line?
- Taiwan's first printed newspaper, the Taiwan Church News, was written in Pe̍h-ōe-jī, not Chinese characters?
- Chinese citizen Ma Cheng has encountered difficulties with the naming laws in China because the character for her given name, Cheng (pictured), is so rare?
Include this on your site/blog: