Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Chennai
- the Chennai Book Fair is an annual event in Chennai, India, which takes place between the last week of December and the third week of January?
- the Church of Our Lady of Light in Chennai, India was built in 1516 by Portuguese missionaries?
- the Higginbotham's, based in Chennai, is India's oldest bookstore in existence?
- a fire in Saravana Stores, Chennai, in 2008 burnt out most of the building and killed two people?
- the Charnockite in St. Thomas Mount, Chennai got its name from Job Charnock, the founder of Kolkata, whose tomb was made of rocks quarried from St. Thomas Mount?
- Niels Bohr inspired Indian physicist Alladi Ramakrishnan to create the Institute of Mathematical Sciences in Chennai?
- A. P. Patro inaugurated the Loyola College in Chennai, India, in 1925?
- footballer Bud Houghton was born in Madras to an Anglo-Indian family who migrated to England in 1947 when India gained independence from British rule?
Include this on your site/blog: