Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Bone
- male Western Bowerbirds attract potential mates with bowers decorated with fruits, shells, and bones, as well as man-made objects like bullet casings and glass?
- the Kaiparowits Plateau in Utah contains fine details of bones, teeth, eggshells, and even tracks of Late Cretaceous dinosaurs and other animals?
- the underwater glue secreted by the sandcastle worm (pictured) is being investigated for potential medical applications, including holding bone fragments together?
- osteomyelitis, i.e. bone infection, is particularly common in the tibia, femur, humerus and vertebral bodies?
- endochondral ossification is one of two types of bone formation and is the process responsible for much of the bone growth in vertebrate skeletons?
- Boneless Fish is a Japanese frozen food made from fish, which is deboned by hand and then glued to its original shape using a food-grade enzyme?
- Endochondral ossification is one of two types of bone formation and is the process responsible for much of the bone growth in vertebrate skeletons?
- folk singer/guitarist Nic Jones suffered multiple broken bones and brain damage after a serious car accident in February 1982?
Include this on your site/blog: