Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Bomber
- the Kaleva, a Finnish passenger plane carrying diplomatic post, was shot down by Soviet bombers in an act of aggression?
- the Gotha Go 145 bi-plane started service as a trainer in the Luftwaffe in 1935, and was still in service as a night bomber at the end of the war in Europe?
- the Tupolev ANT-37 bomber Rodina was used to set a flight distance record by an all-female crew in 1938?
- the final twenty minutes of the 1941 documentary film Kukan shows an air attack by Japanese bombers against Chongqing, the World War II capital of China?
- the late Louisiana State Senator Bryan A. Poston was an aerial engineer gunner sergeant on a B-17 bomber?
- the first airborne lifeboat carried by bombers converted to air-sea rescue service was designed in the UK by Uffa Fox?
- the Israeli Air Force's first heavy bombers were three B-17 Flying Fortresses smuggled to Israel in the late 1940s by Charles Winters and his associates?
- Flight Lieutenant Charles Crombie shot down two Japanese bombers and damaged a third in a single action in 1943 despite his aircraft being ablaze?
- Second World War bomber pilot "Micky" Martin broke the speed record flying from England to Cape Town?
- Washington Senators outfielder Elmer Gedeon, who pulled a crew member from a burning wreck, died while piloting a B-26 bomber over France?
- Michael Beetham, World War II bomber pilot, is now senior Marshal of the Royal Air Force?
- Robert D. Knapp's squadron failed to see any action in World War I because the propellers for their Handley Page O/400 bombers arrived late?
- SS Empire Simba, a British cargo ship, was severely damaged in port by a land mine dropped by a German bomber during the World War II?
- Academy Award-winning film Thirty Seconds over Tokyo was adapted from a book by the pilot of "The Ruptured Duck," one of 16 USAAF bombers in the Doolittle Raid on Japan during World War II?
Include this on your site/blog: