Did you know ...
More interesting facts on Atlantic
- despite being the first official Atlantic hurricane season on record, the 1851 Atlantic hurricane season included a hurricane that is tied for the longest on record for the period prior to 1870?
- the damaged and demasted brig Polly drifted over six months and more than 2,000 miles (3,200 km) across the Atlantic with its surviving crew?
- although Lookdown are common in tropical Atlantic waters, they are rarely seen in the Greater Antilles?
- Lady Elsie Mackay, socialite, actress and interior designer, died in 1928 with WWI ace Walter G. R. Hinchcliffe, attempting to be the first woman to fly across the Atlantic?
- Cleopatra's Barge (pictured), built for the Crowninshield family in 1816, became the Royal Yacht of King Kamehameha II and the first American pleasure craft to sail across the Atlantic?
- Subtropical Storm One in 1978 is the only Atlantic subtropical cyclone to develop in the month of January?
Include this on your site/blog: