Did you know ...
More interesting facts on 2005
- in 2005, Ghatam player Ghatam Udupa became the first Indian to perform at the Krakow International Percussion Festival?
- director Fei Mu's 1948 film Spring in a Small Town was named the best Chinese-language film ever made, by the Hong Kong Film Association awards in 2005?
- reopening of the Cemetery of the Defenders of Lwów (pictured) in 2005 marked a major improvement of Polish-Ukrainian relations?
- the 1984 Murray Head hit "One Night In Bangkok," from the musical Chess, gained newfound popularity in 2005 due to a remix by the dance act Vinylshakerz?
- the UK Government Decontamination Service was set up in 2005 after increased threats of terrorism to help the United Kingdom resist and recover from biological, chemical and nuclear incidents?
- the Mifflin Street Block Party, which attracted around 20,000 participants in 2005, began as a street dance in protest against the Vietnam War?
- That Summer Day is the first television drama for children about the bombings of the London public transport system on July 7, 2005?
- Simone Niggli-Luder from Switzerland won all four women's competitions at the orienteering world championships 2005 in Aichi, Japan, repeating her performance of 2003?
- Bangalore Gayana Samaja, which celebrated its centenary in 2005, is one of the oldest cultural organisations in Bangalore?
- professor Malcolm Grant, the Provost and President of University College London, agreed to shave off his moustache if UCL students raised £1500 for Comic Relief, on Red Nose Day in 2005?
- Bibliothèque nationale du Québec, the national library of Québec, and the public library of the city of Montréal, will share a facility beginning in 2005?
- Kermit Roosevelt III, author of the 2005 legal thriller In the Shadow of the Law, is the great-great-grandson of U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt?
- Luis Ramirez was the 15th person executed in 2005 in the U.S. state of Texas?
- "truthiness," a word made by Stephen Colbert of The Colbert Report, was selected as the 2005 Word of the Year by the American Dialect Society?
Include this on your site/blog: