Did you know ...
More interesting facts on 1993
- the Irish cricket team didn't become an official member of the International Cricket Council until 1993, despite having played first-class cricket matches since 1902, including games against Scotland, Australia and New Zealand?
- the Law Library of Congress created the Global legal information network in 1993 to provide free access to an online searchable full text database of international legal documents, judicial decisions, legislation, statutes and other laws, from many countries, including Brazil, Costa Rica, Kuwait, Peru, and Romania?
- the leg break bowled by Shane Warne to Mike Gatting that turned around the 1993 Ashes cricket series is widely known as the Ball of the Century?
- land under cultivation has grown from under 400,000 acres in 1976 to more than eight million acres in 1993 thanks to the irrigation in Saudi Arabia?
- Japan and Poland are the world's largest krill fishing nations since Russia abandoned its operations in 1993?
- Barbadian cricketer Sir Clyde Walcott became the first non-English and non-white chairman of the International Cricket Council in 1993?
Include this on your site/blog: