Did you know ...
More interesting facts on 1974
- the Church of Scientology attempted to ban the non-fiction book Scientology: The Now Religion in Canadian libraries during 1974?
- the Supreme Court of Sweden ceased to render verdicts in the name of the Swedish monarch in 1974?
- the discovery of the J/Ψ particle in 1974 earned two physicists the Nobel prize as it confirmed the idea that baryonic matter (such as the nuclei of atoms) is made out of quarks?
- when Nebraska completed construction of its stretch of Interstate 80 in 1974, it became the first state in the U.S. to complete its mainline interstate system?
- Leonard McEwan, in an unusual move, stepped down from the Wyoming Supreme Court in 1974 to become instead a district court judge in Sheridan, where he had earlier practiced law?
- Kaissa, the first world computer chess champion in 1974 was a Soviet creation?
- Giorgio Francia of Italy became the first non-German to win the German Formula Three Championship, by winning the title in the year 1974?
- American thoroughbred race horse Little Current received the 1974 Eclipse Award for Outstanding 3-Year-Old Male Horse despite having his racing career ended mid-season by a bone chip in his leg?
- Eduardo Malapit, mayor of Kauai, Hawaii, from 1974 to 1982, was the first mayor of Filipino descent in the United States?
- cricket was introduced to Slovenia in 1974 by a 13-year-old boy who had visited his pen pal in England and brought back a single bat and a copy of the Laws?
Include this on your site/blog: